When something goes wrong, we’ll work with you to identify what the problem is and send someone to help. Please make sure you gather as much information as you can about the fault before you contact us.
If you need an emergency repair, please contact us. We’re here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year to help you. If it’s a fire, gas leak or a major water leak, take emergency action immediately.
Emergency repairs may include:
- A flood or a burst pipe that isn’t helped by turning off the water supply
- Gas leaks (if you smell gas or suspect a gas leak, call the Emergency Gas Services immediately on 0800 111 999 Once you have called the emergency line, call us on 0800 707 6000)
- Total loss of mains water
- Total loss of electricity to your home (if the problem effects your house only)
- No hot water, central heating or secondary heaters (if it’s between 31 October – 1 May)
- Collapsed ceilings
If it’s an emergency, someone will be within you within 3 hours to carry out a temporary repair, make things safe and prevent further damage.
If it’s not an emergency
To book in a repair or maintenance job, all you have to do is contact us. Our customer service team will ask you some questions to determine what the fault is – please give us as much information as you can; you may need to check some things out before you contact us. When you get in touch, please also let us know if you have any vulnerable people living with you. The more information you can give us, the easier it will be for us to help you.
We’ll tell you what our response time will be and book the appointment for the repair to be done. You will be given a job reference number and an appointment time.
We offer the following appointment times:
- All-day appointments: 08:00 – 18:00
- Morning appointment times: 08:00 – 13:00, 10:00 – 14:00, 11:00 – 15:00
- Afternoon appointment times: 12:00 – 18:00
You will be sent written notification of your appointment by post or by email, as requested. If you’ve given us a mobile number, you’ll get a text message to remind you when your appointment is coming up.
Will you be at home?
You, or a member of your family (who must be over 16 years of age), will need to be at home at the time of your repair appointment.
However, if the repair is on the outside of the property, for example, if the appointment is for roofing repairs, fencing repairs, etc, we may not need you to be home. Please ask your customer service advisor about this when making your appointment.
If you won’t be home
If you won’t be at home during your appointment time, please contact us as soon as possible. We normally need someone over the age of 16 to be at home, so we will most likely need to reschedule your appointment.
Need to change or rearrange your appointment?
If you need to change your appointment, please contact us before the appointment date, quote your job reference number and we will arrange a new date and time.