We want to ensure your house move experience is as simple and stress free as possible. The Walkaway Scheme is a voluntary service which allows you to purchase options which will allow you to simply walkaway from the property safe in the knowledge that Move-In standard will be covered for the products selected.
By producing the Walkaway certificate at move-out you will avoid some of the charges (dependent on the options you choose) for your Service family accommodation, however, we still need you to leave it hygienically clean.
What is the Walkaway Scheme?
The Walkaway Scheme allows you to select options which you will not need to bring to the required Move out standard. As long as you leave your property hygienically clean, you’ll walk away on move-out day avoiding charges covered by the Walkaway Scheme.
What are the benefits of the Walkaway Scheme?
- Pay one clear, transparent fee, instead of having to wait to see if you’ve incurred any charges available through Walkaway at move-out
- The Walkaway option is cheaper than incurring barrack charges for the options you have selected
- Leave your Service family accommodation with no worries
- You don’t have to spend the time getting everything to move-out standard
What do you mean by ‘hygienically clean’?
Although the Walkaway Scheme gives you reassurance that you will avoid charges for your Service family accommodation, we’ll still need you to leave it hygienically clean.
- All surfaces, including floors, are clear of rubbish and residue
- No rubbish is left in the house, garden or in the bins
- All food and drink has been removed
- All toilets have been flushed
- All baths, showers and sinks are clear of residue
Please note: Your Accommodation Officer will advise you about your responsibilities in the Walkaway Scheme in more detail. If you don’t do what you have been asked to and, for example, leave food waste in your kitchen or rubbish in your wheelie bin, you will incur a charge over and above the Walk away scheme payment.
How do I opt in to the Walkaway Scheme?
Your Accommodation Officer will let you know if you are eligible for the Walkaway Scheme at your pre-move out appointment.
Once you have opted in, you will receive details via email confirming how you can pay. At your move out appointment, you will need to present the certificate to your Accommodation Officer.
How much does the Walkaway Scheme cost?
There are various Walkaway Scheme rates depending on the size of the property and how much you want us to cover as part of your plan.
Property type: B (2 beds)
Basic cover: 74.3 sq m
Property type: C (3 beds)
Basic cover: 84.8 sq m
Property type: D (4 beds)
Basic cover: 108 sq m
Property type: 5 (3 beds)
Basic cover: 105.5 sq m
Property type: 4 (4 beds)
Basic cover: 124.5 sq m
Property type: 3 (4 beds)
Basic cover: 142.5 sq m
Property type: 2 (4 beds)
Basic cover: 194 sq m
- Carpets per room inc. deodorise (staircase, hallway and landing will be classed as one room): £10
- Cooker: £60
- Garden area not exceeding 25 sm: £70
- Garden area over 25 sm and not exceeding 50 sm: £140
- Garden area over 50 sm and not exceeding 100 sm: £245
- Garden exceeding 100 sm: £325
Note: Basic Cover does not include your cooker, carpets and curtains.
Garden: we’ll bring your garden to required standard including grass cutting, weeding, pruning plants, hedges and trees and clearing away all rubbish and debris (this does not include fly tipping rubbish).