We want to make the moving experience as simple and stress-free as possible for everyone living in Service family accommodation. Our Walkaway Scheme is designed to allow you to simply walk away from your Service family accommodation, with the reassurance that it meets move-out standards.
What is the Walkaway Scheme?
With our Walkaway Scheme, you can pay for us to bring your property up to move-out standard. So as long as you leave your property hygienically clean, you’ll walk away on move-out day avoiding any charges.
What at the benefits of the Walkaway Scheme?
- Make your house hygienically clean, and we’ll do the rest to bring your house to move-out standard
- Pay one clear, transparent fee, instead of having to wait to see if you’ve incurred any cleaning charges at move-out
- Walk away from your Service family accommodation with no worries
What do you mean by ‘hygienically clean’?
Although the Walkaway Scheme gives you reassurance that you will avoid charges for your Service family accommodation, we’ll still need you to leave it hygienically clean.
- All surfaces, including floors, are clear of rubbish and residue
- No rubbish is left in the house, garden or in the bins
- All food and drink has been removed
- All toilets have been flushed
- All baths, showers and sinks are clear of residue
Please note: Your Accommodation Officer will advise you about your part in the Walkaway Scheme in more detail. If you don’t do what you have been asked to and, for example, leave food waste in your kitchen or rubbish in your wheelie bin, you will incur a charge.
How do I opt in to the Walkaway Scheme?
Your Accommodation Officer will let you know if you are eligible for the Walkaway Scheme at your pre-move out appointment.
To take up Walkaway cover, please contact the Walkaway team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you have opted in, you will receive a certificate via email confirming the payment details.
At your move out appointment, you will need to present the certificate to your Accommodation Officer.
How much does the Walkaway Scheme cost?
There are various Walkaway Scheme rates depending on the size of the property and how much you want us to cover as part of your plan.
Property type: B (2 beds)
Basic cover: 74.3 sq m
Property type: C (3 beds)
Basic cover: 84.8 sq m
Property type: D (4 beds)
Basic cover: 108 sq m
Property type: 5 (3 beds)
Basic cover: 105.5 sq m
Property type: 4 (4 beds)
Basic cover: 124.5 sq m
Property type: 3 (4 beds)
Basic cover: 142.5 sq m
Property type: 2 (4 beds)
Basic cover: 194 sq m
- Carpets per room inc. deodorise (staircase, hallway and landing will be classed as one room): £10
- Cooker: £60
- Garden area not exceeding 25 sm: £70
- Garden area over 25 sm and not exceeding 50 sm: £140
- Garden area over 50 sm and not exceeding 100 sm: £245
- Garden exceeding 100 sm: £325
Note: Basic Cover does not include your cooker, carpets and curtains.
Garden: we’ll bring your garden to required standard including grass cutting, weeding, pruning plants, hedges and trees and clearing away all rubbish and debris (this does not include fly tipping rubbish).